Where are all the animals going, in line as in a cheerful and colourful parade? There are neither cages or fences and they are finally free to go wild, laugh, jump and play around. Hey, there might be a surprise coming up! This unchained band does not know that an unaware (and innocent) danger is waiting for them at the end of the line.
Through his unique oil strokes, Roger Olmos secures his deep love for animals in this amusing booklet, which is able, once again, to throw us into a magic world made of bright and moving pictures, where there is no need for words. As if it were a long take, we watch the scene unfold before our eyes: many different characters and small adventures jump in, turning the children’s imagination on and encouraging them to invent a million stories and situations. Thanks to this journey through different patterns, colours and emotions, the youngest readers will get to know the animals. They will learn that there are all kinds of animals, huge and small (but not less important), smiley and serious, with a thick fur or smooth skin, and meanwhile they will hear the laughter, the music, the footsteps (sometimes heavier, sometimes softer) coming from this cheerful group of new friends.
Roger Olmos was born in Barcelona on the 23rd December 1975 and became interested in the world of illustration from a very young age. After finishing his studies, he started an apprenticeship as a scientific illustrator at the Dexeus Clinic, then he attended the Llotja Avinyó School of Arts and Crafts and turned to the illustration of children’s books. In 1999 he was selected at the Bologna Children’s Book Fair, where he met his first publisher. Since then he has illustrated more than eighty books with about twenty Spanish and international publishers. Lover of animals and activist, he has embraced a vegan lifestyle and has been working for years to promote with his art respect for the environment and all living creatures. He lives with three cats – one with three legs, one deaf and one blind with only half a jaw – and two dogs, a 19 year old arthritic one and a 12 year old big boy.
Awards and acknowledgments:
• In the years 1999, 2002 and 2005 he was selected for the Illustrator’s Exhibition at the Bologna Children’s Book Fair.
• Selected for The White Raven 2002 (Tío Lobo, kalandraka)
• Selected for The White Raven 2004 (El Libro de las Fábulas, Ediciones B)
• Menzione speciale White Ravens 2006, for La cosa che fa più male al mondo, OQO/#logosedizioni
• Premio Llibreter de Álbum Ilustrado 2006, for La cosa che fa più male al mondo, OQO/#logosedizioni
• Premio Lazarillo de Álbum Ilustrado 2008, for El príncipe de los enredos, Edelvives
• Premio 400Colpi, Torredilibri 2015, for Senzaparole, #logosedizioni
• Premio del Ministerio de Cultura de España al mejor libro ilustrado categoría infantil y juvenil 2016, for La leggenda di Zum
Books published by #logosedizioni: Calando, La capra matta, La cosa che fa più male al mondo, Cosimo, La leggenda di Zum, Rompicapo, Seguimi! (una storia d’amore che non ha niente di strano), Senzaparole (book and portfolio), The Story of the Good Little Boy / The Story of the Bad Little Boy (also available in Italian and Spanish), Una storia piena di lupi, Stop, Amigos, La Zanzara, Lucia, Lo struffallocero blu, La foca bianca e Grindadráp.
|Cover||Accordion board with slipcase|
|Dimensions||cm 15,0 x 15,0|