A love story with nothing strange about it
A grey elephant with purple beauty spots, who lives in the forest, falls in love with a black ant with a wasp’s waist. His love is matched, but to be together they have a long road ahead of them. The ant invites the elephant to follow her and the elephant doesn’t give it a second thought. In for a penny, in for a pound, the elephant travels along the road flanked by trees, goes to the bottom of a sewing box, swims inside a bottle of water… After having come so far, the elephant and the ant meet up and enjoy their love together, a love with a wasp’s waist and purple beauty spots… that doesn’t have anything strange about it!
José Campanari presents in his first illustrated album, an amusing, hilarious, surrealist story. With a great sense of humour, he brings us close to a dearly loved character, able to take any road, no matter how difficult it may seem, for love.
In a second reading, Follow me tells us of a love story without preconceptions, able to overcome any type of barrier and differences (size, colour, culture, habits…).
Roger Olmos takes advantage of the surrealist tone of the story to create in a convincing way impossible spaces, full of humour and tenderness. He enriches it with a wealth of detail and great mastery in the strokes in the distinct scenes. The images achieve a special empathy with the reader, who shall find distinct humoristic winks in each reading, stimulating the curiosity and the imagination of the smallest.
Roger Olmos was born in Barcelona on the 23rd December 1975 and became interested in the world of illustration from a very young age. After finishing his studies, he started an apprenticeship as a scientific illustrator at the Dexeus Clinic, then he attended the Llotja Avinyó School of Arts and Crafts and turned to the illustration of children’s books. In 1999 he was selected at the Bologna Children’s Book Fair, where he met his first publisher. Since then he has illustrated more than eighty books with about twenty Spanish and international publishers. Lover of animals and activist, he has embraced a vegan lifestyle and has been working for years to promote with his art respect for the environment and all living creatures. He lives with three cats – one with three legs, one deaf and one blind with only half a jaw – and two dogs, a 19 year old arthritic one and a 12 year old big boy.
Awards and acknowledgments:
• In the years 1999, 2002 and 2005 he was selected for the Illustrator’s Exhibition at the Bologna Children’s Book Fair.
• Selected for The White Raven 2002 (Tío Lobo, kalandraka)
• Selected for The White Raven 2004 (El Libro de las Fábulas, Ediciones B)
• Menzione speciale White Ravens 2006, for La cosa che fa più male al mondo, OQO/#logosedizioni
• Premio Llibreter de Álbum Ilustrado 2006, for La cosa che fa più male al mondo, OQO/#logosedizioni
• Premio Lazarillo de Álbum Ilustrado 2008, for El príncipe de los enredos, Edelvives
• Premio 400Colpi, Torredilibri 2015, for Senzaparole, #logosedizioni
• Premio del Ministerio de Cultura de España al mejor libro ilustrado categoría infantil y juvenil 2016, for La leggenda di Zum
Books published by #logosedizioni: Calando, La capra matta, La cosa che fa più male al mondo, Cosimo, La leggenda di Zum, Rompicapo, Seguimi! (una storia d’amore che non ha niente di strano), Senzaparole (book and portfolio), The Story of the Good Little Boy / The Story of the Bad Little Boy (also available in Italian and Spanish), Una storia piena di lupi, Stop, Amigos, La Zanzara, Lucia, Lo struffallocero blu, La foca bianca e Grindadráp.
|Dimensions||cm 25,0 x 24,0|